Additional Information

Add Information Here
DO YOU WISH TO SEE LUCILLE ON MT. LOGAN (Canada HIGHEST PEAK!) JUST CLICK BETWEEN
BLOG ARCHIVES AND MY PICTURE.

Monday, December 7, 2015

LES CHERCHEURS 'D'OR (296 ENGLISH)

Les CHERCHEURS D'OR THE GOLD SEEKERS (296) ENGLISH Gold!! But there is gold everywhere up there, My Children; look here are my nuggets; I sent thirty-thousand dollars to my old lady in the United States, and they've just found some on the Big Salmon, two dollars a bowlful. Oh, but you were numerous: ten thousand in Dawson City; fifteen thousand on the way, fires everywhere, tents; there would be some for anyone who did not get discouraged; me, I spent three years boring holes while not finding anything. Three quarters of those I saw on the way would have been discouraged in my place_What should one have done? Nothing at all, right? "Then, I'm going to rest." He said. Do like me_wait, continue, don't hesitate faced with work, and you'll find gold for sure! Many groups got organized often under the direction of pioneers of the Klondike who had come back to their native home after a spell in the Yukon. According to the research done by Jeanne Pomerleau, based on lists of passengers on the steam-boats, on the boats, on the barges and even on lists of transients on the Yukon, a few thousand Quebecois_with about one hundred women..would have left for the Klondike between 1898 and 1900."Nearly every small town was represented by one or two young persons who had gone there, often by ten or fifty people _In general, the French-Canadians outnumbered the other ethnic groups who got on the boats to go North." By J. Pomerleau Ref. L'Empreinte, vol. 11, p 29-30

No comments:

Post a Comment