Additional Information

Add Information Here
DO YOU WISH TO SEE LUCILLE ON MT. LOGAN (Canada HIGHEST PEAK!) JUST CLICK BETWEEN
BLOG ARCHIVES AND MY PICTURE.

Thursday, July 2, 2015

LA PAROISSE DE DONNELLY (18) (190 ENGLISH -- 189 fran)

LA PAROISSE DE DONNELLY (18) (190 ENGLISH)

The year 1920 was a quiet one.  The people had a good crop and life was progressing normally.  Since one could not speak freely to the Bishop, it was decided to write to him to ask for a priest for Easter.  Here is Bishop Grouard’s reply:

The year 1921, since the parishioners had a hard time to see Bishop Grouard, they decided to write to him and ask for a priest for Easter, this is the reply.

 
   This letter ws in french and it is copied word for word in the french # 189

To Misters Maisonneuve, Coté and Parizeau
Dear Gentlemen:
I’m writing to respond to your letter of the 21st in which you had asked me to send you a priest for Easter Sunday. You were perhaps surprised not to have seen a priest arrive to say mass for Easter, this great feast day.  To begin with, I received your letter only after the train passed last Friday, also I don’t have a priest available.
Now, permit me to make an observation which I beg you to communicate to all Catholics in Donnelly.  This is regardless of a major OPINIATED AND UNFORTUNATE opposition which I endure more than one can imagine; you and the Catholics of Donnelly belong to the St. Anne de Falher parish.  Consequently you had, since the very beginning of the parish, obligations to fulfill as parishioners in law and in fact; you are therefore obligated as much as your means can allow, to submit yourself to the rules as established by the Catholic Church.  Of all other matters, you have to recognize this truth by promising to pay your dues to the St. Anne parish.
In so far as the Sunday mass is concerned, I have no intention of dispensing the Catholics of Donnelly from assisting at mass in the St. Anne parish when they can without too much trouble.  I especially thought about those who are farther away and have a harder time to reach the church so I’ve accepted Father Caisse as a vicar; I asked the pastor in Falher to send Father Caisse twice a month to Donnelly and thus everyone can take advantage of this visit.  But the principle is always there in law and in fact, you belong to the parish of St. Anne until I can establish a Donnelly parish.  And I beg you to believe, my Dear Gentlemen, that it is not by blind stubbornness that I did not give you this satisfaction earlier.  I have rules to follow and serious obligations to fulfill. You, yourself, have commitments to your conscience and if I had a priest on whom I could rely, I would not hesitate to go immediately to bless your chapel and establish your village and rural area as a parish.
My Dear Gentlemen, remember these words of our Lord Jesus Christ “Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and on His righteousness, and all the other things will be given you as well.”  Mt. 6:33
I bless you with all  my heart.
Bishop Grouard, Apostolic Secretary of Athabasca
Bishop of Ebora

No comments:

Post a Comment